Between the wants from the teachers and the needs from the student, the cost of back to school supplies sure does add up. Not to mention the added list that kids come home with during the year.
How much do you spend on average per child on back to school supplies?
We asked a few residents for their two cents. Here's what a few had to say:
- Laura C: I would say about about $30 typically.
- Laura: About $50.
- Keri: Including clothes ... probably $400 to $500 ... it's crazy.
- Rita: Depended on their age and grade... Supplies in earlier grades ranged between $30 to $60 then depending on if they grew over
the summer about another $100 for clothing each. When they got to high school ... supplies averaged about a $100/student then clothing I'd let them choose two or three outfits that was it... Anything else they usually wouldn't wear or someone else had so new clothes other than 1 or 2 things would wait until they got into classes etc.
- Lori : You don’t want to know.
- Debi: My Emily is using her new Martha's Vineyard bag ... lol ... such fashionistas ... lol.
- Dee: Totally depends on the grade and school. I would say $60-75. Clothes and backpacks are a totally different ball game!!!!