First Baptist Church of Stratford
Drag box to select area
First Baptist Church of Stratford has a long history in the town beginning in 1877 when a small congregation met at the home of Sarah Talbot, then at the Old Academy School. Many years later, a church was built at Stratford Avenue and Johnson Court. The first pastor was Rev. George W. Fowlkes. In the 1950s, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. William O. Johnson, this church was constructed. Pastor Johnson served for 43 years and retired in 1997. In January 1998, Rev. William B. Sutton, III, became pastor.
1301 Stratford Ave, Stratford, CT 06615
- Fax: 203-377-5750
- Fax: 636-537-1930
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
- Hours: Services: Sun, 7:30am, 11am. Sunday school: 9:15am