Release courtesy of the Stratford Fire Department
Just before noon Tuesday, Stratford fire personnel were dispatched to Second Hill Lane Elementary School (65 Second Hill Lane) on a report of a fire alarm with an additional report of a fire in the kitchen area.
Fire crews arrived to find that an oven in the cafeteria kitchen had been pre-heating and caught fire.
The fire was contained by the kitchen staff using a portable fire extinguisher, the oven was secured by firefighters on scene and taken out of service until proper repairs and or maintenance can be performed.
The fire alarm was activated and all persons were evacuated, without incident to the outside while the incident was active.
No injuries were reported and the fire marshal’s office did investigate.