The following is based on a press release posted on the town website.
The Town of Stratford seeks qualified applicants for the position of firefighter.
Candidates must take and pass a written exam, oral examination, medical exam, drug screen, background investigation and psychological evaluation.
Salary range is $53,691.12 to $66,316.04 (As of July 1, 2013)
- High School Diploma or State Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- 18 years old by Dec. 31, 2012.
- Valid motor vehicle license
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid CPAT Certified within 18 months of test date submitted to the HR Department by April 19, 2013.
- Town will accept accredited out of state CPAT certifications.
- Certified EMT (paramedic certification a plus) submitted to the HR Department by April 19, 2013.
- Points awarded toward exam for veterans & local residents of the Town (documentation must be provided for both with your application and will be validated by the Town)
- For appointment must have a current CPAT and EMT certification (within last 12 months of appointment).
Applications are available at Town of Stratford, Human Resources Department, 2725 Main St., between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
You may also access our website for an application at www.townofstratford.com.
CPAT information will be available at Human Resources along with applications or via the Internet at www.ct.gov/cfpc.
Completed applications must be returned to the Human Resources Department, Town of Stratford, and must be received by April 19, 2013.
A non-refundable fee of $50 for residents and $135 for non-residents in the form of a bankers/cashier check must accompany your application. Financial hardship consideration will be given on a case-by-case basis.
The written test is scheduled for May 4, 2013 in the Stratford High School cafeteria, 45 North Parade St., Stratford. The Town of Stratford reserves the right to limit the number of candidates invited to each selection process after the written test.
The Town of Stratford is an equal opportunity employer. Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.