.

Stratford Firefighters Tackle 'Fryolator' Fire at McDonald's

Members of the Stratford Fire Department were able to quickly extinguish a small fryer fire Thursday morning at the McDonald's restaurant in the Stratford Square shopping plaza.

The McDonald's at 411 Barnum Avenue Cutoff had a bit of a scare Thursday morning when a blaze broke out in one of the fast food restaurant's fryers. Credit: Patch file photo
The McDonald's at 411 Barnum Avenue Cutoff had a bit of a scare Thursday morning when a blaze broke out in one of the fast food restaurant's fryers. Credit: Patch file photo
Would you like fries with that? Probably not this morning at one Stratford McDonald's.

Workers and customers at the McDonald's at 411 Barnum Avenue Cutoff had a bit of a scare Thursday morning when a blaze broke out in one of the fast food restaurant's fryers.

The "small fire," which broke out in a "fryolator" there just after 7:30 a.m., was quickly extinguished by firefighters, according to the Stratford Fire Department's Twitter feed.

The department noted that health department inspectors have been called to the scene to evaluate conditions inside the restaurant after the fire.

The Stratford Square restuarant remains closed this morning as town officials continue their review and investigation of the site, according to a CT Post report.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something