FD: Heating Pad Sparked Boat Fire

A 40-foot catamaran caught fire Saturday, the result of an unattended heating pad, fire officials say.

An unattended heating pad caused a 40-foot catamaran to catch fire Saturday, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jonathan Gottfried.

Gottfried said the boat had been used as a permanent domicile by its owner, Lor Cubbison.

When the fire broke out at about 2:20 p.m., the vessel was moored at the Dock Shopping Center Marina, 955 Ferry Boulevard, Stratford.

The fire was extinguished within 35 minutes with no injuries to firefighters or civilians, Gottfried said.

Sixteen Stratford fire personnel, including three engines, responded to the fire, as well as the U.S. Coast Guard and the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »