.

Firefighters Snuff Out Fire on Baxter Street

'Firefighters began an aggressive attack on the fire despite the inclement weather conditions and were successful in confining the fire to the room of origin,' says a fire official.

A natural gas fireplace malfunctioned and caused a room at 90 Baxter St. to catch fire Friday afternoon.

Stratford firefighters arrived at the Stratford home at about 3:30 p.m. and were able to contain the fire within a half hour.

"Firefighters began an aggressive attack on the fire despite the inclement weather conditions and were successful in confining the fire to the room of origin," Deputy Fire Chief Jonathan Gottfried said in a statement.

All occupants were out of the home when fire officials arrived and no one was injured in the incident.

Milford and Bridgeport fire departments were summoned to Stratford fire headquarters for station coverage.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something