Updated 3:15 p.m. Wednesday
According to the fire department, "The incident was a furnace malfunction, the property was ventilated, metered and turned over to the Health Department."
Stratford firefighters are responding to call at Sitting Duck Tavern, 3694 Main St., where smoke is reportedly coming from the basement.
A 1:35 p.m. post on the fire department's Facebook page says the call came in as an electrical fire in the basement. Firefighters on scene reported smoke coming from the basement, and that the problem is probably a furnace malfunction.
Currently a hydrant is being set up in front of the building and the basement is being ventilated.
Stratford Patch will provide updates to this article as they become available.