Stratford residents will remember Halloween 2012 as the Halloween that got postponed not once, but twice due to Mother Nature.
First Hurricane Sandy swept through two days before Oct. 31, leaving thousands without power and littering streets with debris. After the brunt of Sandy, the town postponed Halloween one week to Wednesday, Nov. 7.
But then the nor'easter came, dropping about eight inches of snow and further postponing Halloween to Saturday, Nov. 10.
So did the kids come out last weekend? Depends who you ask.
Here's how residents answered the question, Did people have a lot of trick or treaters Saturday, after Halloween was postponed twice this year? posted on the Stratford Patch Facebook page.
- Hardly any. on the plus side, my daughter got a lot of candy, (and chips, etc) since all of the neighbors wanted to get rid of it (take two! Take three! lol)
- We only got 3 groups of kids. Not nearly as many as usual.
- Not many at all. They should have cancelled.
- Maybe 30....lots of candy to return!
- I had one kid about 13 ring my bell
- We saw plenty of kids. My son had a blast and the weather couldn't have been nicer!
- I got about 100 between 6-8. All were dressed to impress and we were delighted to have them all. My friend came over with her basket of goodies also so the kids got double treats! I did not decorate this year but it was still a great turnout.
- We had well over 100 kids here by St. Marks/Bunnell. Better turnout than in the past. Great to see all the kids, most were in costume and polite. All ages trick-or-treating, which I think is great! Beautiful weather, perfect night. We had a great time!!! So happy it wasn't cancelled
- 60+, normally we get about 200. The kids had fun. We went out on the early end and the neighbors that participated were warm and generous. Some were confused as some people's lights are motion activated and they didn't realize it was Halloween. (can't really blame them, it wasn't : )
- Nice weather for trick or treaters but there weren't that many places giving out candy. Some people telling the kids to take extra because of lack of kids .
- What a TERRIBLE job of communicating this out of Town Hall!!! I felt bad for the kids... four of the houses on my street apparently didn't know what was going on. So when they went out, they left their light on. Kids were ringing the be
How will you remember Halloween 2012? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
(Note: This article originally appeared on Patch Nov. 12. The publication date has been changed for layout purposes.)