Instead of spending the summer at home and indoors, Camp Parrot Perch is encouraging parents to give their kids a chance to explore the Stratford Y’s DAY camp.
YMCA campers gain new experiences, develop essential social skills and create lifelong friendships, while enjoying camp adventures along the way.
“Children and teens have camped at our Y for many years,” says Kyle Scrivines, Camp Director. “When at day camp, kids are given new responsibilities and they learn independence. As a result, they become more confident, open to trying new things and grow as individuals and as part of a group.”
As a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y works to help children and teens discover their full potential by providing opportunities to learn, grow and thrive amidst caring, supportive adults.
According to camping experts, there are five reasons why children and teens should experiencesummer camp:
1. FOR ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about fun adventures in the outdoors. YMCAcamps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit www.Stratfordymca.org fordetails.
2. FOR NEW EXPERIENCES: Day and resident camps are about learning outside of school, exploring and appreciating the outdoors, developing new skills, making friends and showing leadership.
3. FOR PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
4. FOR NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, arts and crafts and talent shows, campers meet new friends.
5. FOR MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and campfire stories) that will last a lifetime.
Camp Parrot Perch provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, including: field trips and creative projects.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go to camp, Camp Parrot Perch offers financial assistance to those in need through the State of CT Care 4 Kids program.
For more information about Camp Parrot Perch, visit www.stratfordymca.org or contact Kyle at 203-375-5844 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.